The LiPo batteries are much safer and efficient to use in comparison to other cells. However, one has to use these batteries with a lot of care. One must take into consideration ample safety measures while and after using, and basically for handling the LiPo batteries. In this article, we shall talk about how using LiPo bags is essential because of the benefits that come along with it post its use.
Safety Measures While Handling LiPo Batteries
We use LiPo batteries in a lot of places; cars, drones, planes, boats, motors, etc. Thus, we use it in operating essential tools and equipment. However, one has to take extreme care while charging, storing, discharging, handling them.
- While traveling, make sure to store the LiPo batteries in the LiPo bag. It will act as a cover and guard for the batteries and prevent leaking. Moreover, while traveling on a flight, always carry the LiPo batteries in your hand luggage along with you. Please do not put it in your check-in luggage (as it can catch fire and result in a hazard because of its sensitivity and criticality). It is against the law. Use a fireproof container while carrying it.
- Never trickle-charge or overcharge a LiPo battery. Take care of the technicalities while charging as well as discharging it. Be alert, and do not leave it unattended while it charges. Use the battery balance charger or discharger for all charging related operations. The voltage should be uniform.
- Refrain from using puffed batteries at all. It could catch horrific fire. Do not purchase used LiPo batteries as there may be something wrong with its functioning.
- Keep the LiPo batteries away from the reach of children (and anyone who doesn’t know how to use it) because the bursting of LiPo batteries causes a chemical fire. Therefore, as a precautionary measure, always have a class D extinguisher when using it at all, even while charging/discharging it.
LiPo bags are special cases that help in preventing fire, which may be caused by the explosion of the LiPo batteries. The LiPo bags are made out of fireproof material that helps to contain the fire inside the bag itself in which we keep the batteries. So, the outside surrounding is not affected. Given the sensitivity for operating the LiPo batteries, the LiPo bags act as a safety measure to store the batteries.
Check out this Fireproof Of Explosion Proof Battery Safety Bag, which is the best LiPo bag. Protect your home and family with the help of this fire-proof explosion bag and anti-radiation battery bag. It comes with high-grade, durbale and eco-friendly glass fiber material.
Benefits Of Using LiPo Bags
- The LiPo bag proves to be extremely useful for storing the batteries. The risk gets mitigated using these bags.
- Besides storing, we can use the LiPo bag while charging or discharging the LiPo batteries because the maximum risk of the battery catching fire is during its charging or discharging.
- If we install such batteries in the cars after containing them in the LiPo bags, it will prevent the fire from burning up the entire vehicle and limit it. Hence, in such situations, LiPo bags act as lifesavers.
- They provide excellent strength for the transportation of sensitive batteries.
- LiPo bags reduce the severity of fire whenever it is caused due to excessive heating of the volatile batteries.
Therefore, LiPo bags act as safeguards by providing transportation, charging, and storage utilities to the user.